Discussion: Quality of Attention
• Review: What is a beginner’s mind (What is your attitude like when you are seeing or noticing something for the first time?)?
• What does quality mean in this case?
• What are different qualities of attention?
Warm up: How does your body feel in these locations?
- shoulders: cow face, crab
- neck: swan
- back: rocking horse, cobra, locust
- hips: butterfly
- legs: shark
- ankles: downward facing dog
- feet: crane
Relaxation: Animal visualization
Journal Entry #19: Animal Qualities
Make up three poses for animals which we have not already learned. Name them and try to sketch them on your journal. You will show teach them to the class next week.